London: Visiting the Capital

05:48

In December it was my birthday and what did I ask for? An adventure of course! I've always wanted to go to London but never had a reason so I kept putting it off. Until I remembered that in December London has the well known 'Winter Wonderland' where there is vintage and foreign market stalls with rides and lots of lights! So it was perfect timing, my Twenty First birthday and Christmas wrapped up into a little festive trip. The hardest part of all this was booking time off work, due to it been the festive season everyone wants time off, I'm thankful that I manged to get Four days off but this limited when we could actually go and I wanted to wake up somewhere different on my actual birthday... which was a Sunday. Long story short we had to book a hotel in the middle of London on a Saturday night! The trip was mucho expensive.

We traveled down on the Saturday morning, the drive wasn't half as bad as we thought it would be we stayed entertain most of the journey with 'YouTube' and geeky games, we only hit a bit of traffic right near/in London. Sadly we did have to drive around London due to my own stupidity, I still swear to this day I booked a hotel with a car park but apparently not... this resulted in us having to find a car park in London. We ended up getting parked at the Fifth car park, the first 3 where shut down! Just in case any Mp's read this London does not need more buildings, stop ripping down the big car parks!

Our hotel was lovely when we got there though, colorful and modern which made us feel quite fancy! it was close enough of a walk to everything I wanted to do over the weekend, sadly we were only staying for the one day and we had a lot to cram into 24 hours. So we barley sat down before we started our exploring. Walking down the 'main strip' we saw so many points of interest. I got to see the 'National History Museum' which I was dying to go visit but sadly we knew we wouldn't have time, we did plan to go on the Sunday of my birthday but by the end of one day we was so tired (and had 5 hours of driving back home) The weather stayed pretty nice too, not too cold but we most defiantly felt festive. Every store we walked by had lights in the windows and festive songs playing, I've never felt that Christmasy before. We did get to experience 'Harrods' which was a world of its own, I never knew how big it was and how many different departments there was inside. We spent a good hour in the toy/teddy section. I was dying to add a little 'Harrods' bear to my quickly growing stuffed teddy collection. Alas they where like £25 for the smallest teddy bear... no chance i'm paying that! Afterwards we walked down to 'Buckingham palace' for sunset and got to see 'Big Ben' and 'The London eye' which I was amazed at!

Winter Wonderland was interesting to say the least... It was packed, so packed we all walked in line like marching zombies. It was a good job it was free because we stayed about 10 minuets, all the ques where huge and everything was so expensive, yes I know 'It's London' but noway would I pay £7 for a hot dog. Don't get my wrong we walked through looking at the lights but I was glad to be back in the hotel room afterwards. Tom took me out at 10pm to walk around the back streets and see if we could find some quirky shops or a cute tavern, which we did! We found a Ice cream parlor which was open till midnight. We both got a scoop and chatted while watching all the busy people who never seem to sit down. I loved the whole thing even though it did at times feel rushed and it was going too quickly. We plan to visit again for a few nights this time and most defiantly take the train! There is still so to do!!

 Amazing sun sets over the 'Wellington Arch'
 'Wellington Arch'
 War memorial near 'Buckingham Palace'

Thanks For Reading
Kerriss Brown xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments